Grinding machines are used in different industrial setups to grind different materials. A grinding machine is a machine tool and has an abrasive wheel as its main part. The material grinded in the machine is known as work piece. From plastics to variety of metals, different work pieces are grinded in these machines.
Visit a b2b marketplace and you will find various
grinding machine manufacturers offering grinding machines with different specifications. The variety exists due to the need to cater to different purchasing needs of the customers. Here is a discussion to help you know what features of grinding machines your customers would look for.
Types of Grinding Machines
First of all, you must be familiar with different types of grinding machines and which of them are most purchased in your region. Here are the main types of machines you should find with grinding machine suppliers:
* Belt Grinding Machine: Processing of the work piece, including finishing, edge breaking and removal of stock is easily done with a belt grinding machine.
* Bench Grinding Machine: Hand grinding of cutting tools like lathe tools is done with a bench grinder. Many other rough grinding functions are also performed by it.
* Surface Grinding Machine: As the name suggests, surface grinders work upon the surface of the work piece to lend smoothness. A refined look of the work piece is obtained through the process.
* Jig Grinding Machine: Used for processes that require high level of accuracy and finish, a jig grinder is suitable for grinding complex shapes.
* Cylindrical Grinding Machine: The work pieces with a central axis of rotation make use of cylindrical grinding machine.
* Gear Cutting Machine: Another common type of machines used for grinding is the gear cutting machine. It is used for hobbing, machining, forging, casting and other processes.
The purchasers of grinding machines take into consideration the material they wish to process through these machines. For example, a gear cutting machine is suitable for metals, plastic and wood, whereas belt grinding machine is mainly used for metals. A bench grinder designed for grinding steel can’t be used for grinding aluminum and other soft materials. So, consider the industry setups in your region to entertain the right type of audiences.
The grinding machine manufacturers manufacture grinding machines using different specifications. You can find machines with different specifications with grinding machine suppliers. Here are some of the main specifications of grinding machines:
* Size of the grinding wheel.
* Input power required to operate the machine for different purposes.
* Frequency and volt rating.
* No-load speed.
* Type of control for grinding head.
* Horizontal or vertical spindle and many more.
Finally, the customers consider whether they want to have a hand-operated or a CNC controlled grinding machine.
You must have a survey done in the market where you wish to sell. This should help you to know what types of grinding machines are most purchased. By catering to the needs and demands of the purchasers in your market, you can build standing for your business in the market.